Smoked Honey Carrots & Parsnips
Recipe courtesy of Tiffani Thiessen
- ½ pound rainbow carrots, tops trimmed to 1-inch, peeled and cut in half lengthwise if thick
- ½ pound small parsnips, peeled and cut in half lengthwise if thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Toss together the carrots, parsnips, olive oil, salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven until the carrots and parsnips are tender and caramelized, tossing half way through cooking, about 20 minutes total.
In a small bowl whisk together the honey, apple juice, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the carrots and parsnips on platter. Drizzle over the smoked honey and garnish with the chopped pistachios and mint.
Photography by Rebecca Sanabria