Skillet Mac-n-Cheese Lasagna
Recipe courtesy of Tiffani Thiessen
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups dry macaroni
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until cooked through. Drain fat if necessary.
Add peppers, onion, macaroni, water and marinara sauce. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Stir in shredded cheese and half & half and mix thoroughly. Gently fold in cherry tomatoes and season with salt & pepper. Remove from heat, re-cover and let sit for a few minutes until cheese is fully melted and the tomatoes have soften. Garnish with fresh basil.
Photography by Jen Lover