Recipe courtesy of Tiffani Thiessen
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup carrots; shredded
- 1 cups pecans; roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple (with juices)
- 1 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin pan with coconut oil.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and oats until there are no lumps. Set aside.
In a separate bowl mash bananas. Add coconut oil, eggs, milk, vanilla bean paste and stir until combined. Fold in coconut flakes, carrots, pecans, crushed pineapple and raisins. Gradually start to add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until all is incorporated.
Fill each muffin cup with about a heaping 1/2 cup of batter. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Serve muffins warm or at room temperature.
Photography by Jen Lover