Recipe courtesy of Tiffani Thiessen
- 1 pound store bought pizza dough
- all purpose flour, for bench flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mascarpone, room temperature
- 2 small or 1 large heirloom tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers
- ¼-pound sliced lox
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- fresh lemon juice, optional
Preheat a grill pan or grill over medium-high heat.
Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour. Roll the pizza dough out into a long oval approximately the shape of your grill pan. Lightly brush the first side with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place the oiled side down on the grill. Brush the top side with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the pizza dough for 2-3 minutes or until the first side of the dough is cooked through and has grill marks. Flip over and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes more or until the dough is completely cooked through.
Remove to a cutting board. Spread the mascarpone over the pizza dough and top with sliced lox, tomatoes, red onion, capers, chives and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Cut and serve.
Photography by Rebecca Sanabria