Herb Hummus with Wild Mushrooms
Recipe courtesy of Tiffani Thiessen
- 8 ounces assorted mushrooms, stems removed such as shiitake, crimini, enoki
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, dived
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed and skins removed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, about 1-2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup packed fresh herb leaves, such as basil, dill, parsley and chives
- 1/4 cup water
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pita crackers, to serve
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toss the mushrooms with 1 tablespoon oil and salt and pepper. Spread out evenly on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and caramelized. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a food processor combine the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, water, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until the hummus is smooth and evenly combined, scraping down the sides halfway through processing if necessary. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Remove to a bowl and garnish with the remaining olive oil and roasted mushrooms. Serve with pita crackers.
Photography by Rebecca Sanbria