Truffled Egg Salad Sandwiches
Recipe courtesy of Tiffani Thiessen
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions, white and green parts (about 2 scallions)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon high-quality white truffle oil, such as Sabatino or Urbani
- Kosher salt
- Ground white pepper
- 8 slices square, firm white bread (or bread of choice)
- fresh pink peppercorns, to garnish
Place the eggs in a single layer in a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil the eggs for 1 minute and then remove the saucepan from the heat and let the eggs stand for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse the eggs under cold water until they are cool enough to handle. Peel and place the peeled eggs in a large bowl.
Mash the eggs to a coarse consistency using a fork or a potato masher. Add the mayonnaise, scallions, chives, truffle oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and mix thoroughly to combine. Adjust the seasonings to taste.
Spread salad over bread of choice and garnish with peppercorns. Serve.
Photography by Jen Lover